SENIOR DATABASE ENGINEER
Senior Database Engineer
At Teavaro, our development team is responsible for ensuring that our customer data platform can meet the stringent functional, non-functional and regulatory requirements of our clients not only today but also in the future as the digital marketing space is evolving at a high speed.
We are looking for a new position of Senior Database Engineer, reporting directly to the company head of information technology, who can help us to further develop our leading-edge real-time platform for identity resolution, compliance and customer engagement.
We are interested in talented engineers who are passionate about optimizing large-scale database platforms for transactional and analytical processing. We value people that can combine thought leadership with a practical can-do attitude and that enjoy working in a diverse international environment.
- Design strategies for transactional enterprise databases and data warehouses
- Model, design, and construct large relational databases or data warehouses.
- Set standards for database operations, programming, query processes, and security
- Optimizing database performance through scale-up and scale-out.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve database performance issues, database capacity, and database scalability
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard databases.
- Ensure that adequate monitoring, alerting, backups and maintenance plans are in place for all databases.
- Build effective working relationships with a variety of infrastructure and application teams to ensure that technology and process improvements deliver overall service improvements to our end customers.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working as a Database Engineer / Administrator in the support of PostgreSQL running on Linux.
- Experience working with the following in highly available production environments: PostgreSQL administration, PostgreSQL installation, patching and upgrade and PostgreSQL database replication.
- Experience/knowledge of the following: Database Scaling, SQL Tuning, and High availability technologies.
- Linux O/S and Shell Scripting
- Logical Data Modelling (ER Design etc.)
- Physical Data Modelling (Table, Index, Partitioning, LOB Design etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Opportunity to grow with an innovative international company right from the start
- Self-determined work, short decision-making processes and plenty of room for new ideas
- Environment that rewards technical excellence
- Secure job with a long-term perspective
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of remote working in the EU/UK
- Performance-oriented and attractive salary package